O'Connor, O'Connor, Bresee & First, P.C.
Since our firm was founded nearly 15 years ago, we have been dedicated to providing clients with the highest standards of legal service. We believe strongly that all of our clients deserve personalized and highly responsive legal services to meet their individualized needs.
When people visit our law office in Albany, New York, they find a team of experienced professionals ready to listen, learn and provide trusted legal advice that makes a difference.
In our bankruptcy and debt relief practice, we help individuals and businesses that are facing financial difficulty. We discuss with each client his or her legal rights and options, which include Chapter 7 bankruptcy, Chapter 13 bankruptcy and bankruptcy alternatives. Due to our experience, we can often provide solutions that may be missed by lesser experienced firms.
To contact our firm, call 518-465-0400 or contact us toll free at 877-886-4029.
Recognized As A Leader In Debt Relief Services
Our bankruptcy and debt relief practice is headed by attorney Michael J. O'Connor. Mr. O'Connor has been assisting clients in bankruptcy and debt relief matters since 1978. Due to his innovative thinking and passion for helping clients, Mr. O'Connor has been widely recognized as a leading bankruptcy and debt services lawyer.
Mr. O'Connor has received the following recognitions and awards:
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rating*
- New York State Bar Association President's Award for Pro Bono Services, 1989, 1993, 2007
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York and Federal Bar Association Distinguished Counsel Award, 2007
- Past President Capital Region Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Empire Counsel Group of the New York State Bar Association
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, 2002-present
- Recognized as a Super Lawyer, 2007 - present
- Board Certified in Consumer and Commercial Bankruptcy - American Bankruptcy Board of Certification
- Recipient Distinguished Counsel Award for Pro Bono Services, Legal Aid Society of Northeast New York
Professional Association Memberships and Appointments
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees
- American Bankruptcy Institute (former member of the Consumer Bankruptcy Committee)
- American Bar Association (former member of the Consumer Bankruptcy Committee)
- New York State Bar Association
- Capital Region Bar Association (past president)
- Member of the Local Rules Revisions Committee for the Northern District of New York, 1993, 1998, 2000
- Chairman of the Judicial Merit Selection Committee for the Northern District of New York, 1994
Publications and Presentations
- Contributing editor for West Bankruptcy, 2003-2008
- Speaker, Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute, Atlanta, Georgia
- National Association of Chapter 13 Annual Conventions
- New York State Bar Association bar seminars
- Capital Region Bankruptcy Bar Association seminars
- New York State Credit Union League bankruptcy seminars
- Testified before the Bankruptcy Review Commission, a congressionally appointed committee, in San Diego, California
If you are tired of creditor harassment, unmanageable debt, threats of a wage garnishment or the fear of losing your home or your business, contact us. Schedule a free consultation with attorney Michael J. O'Connor today by calling 518-465-0400 or (toll free) at 877-886-4029.
We are a federally designated debt relief agency proudly helping people file debt reorganization plans and bankruptcy for over 30 years.
*CV, BV and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.
Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.