Bankruptcy And Choosing An Attorney
If you are dealing with unmanageable debt, you may not know where to turn. Finding the right attorney can be difficult. You want an attorney with experience. You want an attorney with integrity. You want an attorney who cares.
You will find such an attorney in Michael J. O'Connor at O'Connor, O'Connor, Bresee & First. Based in Albany, New York, O'Connor, O'Connor, Bresee & First has been providing quality legal services to people and businesses throughout Upstate New York for the past 15 years. We have earned a reputation as a leading provider of legal services because we are knowledgeable and because we advocate diligently in every instance for the best interests of our clients.
Attorney Michael J. O'Connor
Our bankruptcy and debt relief services practice is headed by attorney Michael J. O'Connor. Mr. O'Connor has been the attorney of choice for thousands of people facing unmanageable debt. He handles personal bankruptcy and business bankruptcy as well as bankruptcy alternatives.
A Super Lawyer With 30 Years Of Bankruptcy Experience
Michael J. O'Connor has been helping clients with debt problems since 1978. Mr. O'Connor was listed in Super Lawyers magazine in 2007 and 2008. Only five percent of all New York metro attorneys are listed as Super Lawyers.
In addition, Mr. O'Connor has been listed in the Best Lawyers in America, a publication that recognizes legal excellence. In fact, Mr. O'Connor has received numerous awards, recognitions and achievements, including:
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rating*
- New York State Bar Association President's Award for Pro Bono Services, 1989, 1993, 2007
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York and Federal Bar Association Distinguished Counsel Award, 2007
- Past President Capital Region Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Empire Counsel Group of the New York State Bar Association
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America, 2002 - present
- Recognized as a Super Lawyer, 2007 - present
- Board Certified in Consumer and Commercial Bankruptcy - American Bankruptcy Board of Certification
- Recipient Distinguished Counsel Award for Pro Bono Services, Legal Aid Society of Northeast New York
Professional Association Memberships And Appointments
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- National Association of Chapter 13 Trustees
- American Bankruptcy Institute (former member of the Consumer Bankruptcy Committee)
- American Bar Association (former member of the Consumer Bankruptcy Committee)
- New York State Bar Association
- Capital Region Bar Association (past president)
- Member of the Local Rules Revisions Committee for the Northern District of New York, 1993, 1998, 2000
- Chairman of the Judicial Merit Selection Committee for the Northern District of New York, 1994
Publications And Presentations
- Contributing editor for West Bankruptcy, 2003-2008
- Speaker, Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute, Atlanta, Georgia
- National Association of Chapter 13 Annual Conventions
- New York State Bar Association bar seminars
- Capital Region Bankruptcy Bar Association seminars
- New York State Credit Union League bankruptcy seminars
- Testified before the Bankruptcy Review Commission, a congressionally appointed committee, in San Diego, California
If you need to speak with an attorney about Chapter 7 bankruptcy, Chapter 13 bankruptcy or bankruptcy alternatives, contact our law office in Albany, New York. To schedule a free consultation with attorney Michael J. O'Connor, call 518-465-0400 or contact us toll free at 877-886-4029.
We are a federally designated debt relief agency proudly helping people file debt reorganization plans and bankruptcy for over 30 years.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.