Michele M. Monserrate
Michele M. Monserrate is a 1986 graduate of Georgetown University, where she was elected to the Jesuit Honor Society and Psi Chi Honor Society, and a 1989 graduate of Albany Law School of Union University. Michele is admitted to practice in the State of New York, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and in the U.S. District Court for the Northern, Southern and Western Districts of New York.
Michele is an officer of the firm and an experienced litigation attorney whose practice focuses on the representation of physicians and hospitals in medical malpractice cases. She also assists physicians, dentists and nurses involved in disciplinary proceedings before State regulatory agencies. Prior to entering private practice, Michele gained significant appellate experience while serving as a judicial law clerk to an Associate Justice of the Appellate Division, Third Department. In that capacity, Michele researched and drafted judicial opinions in criminal, civil and administrative law matters. She has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers of America for the specialty areas of Appellate Law and Medical Malpractice Defense, and is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Michele is a member of the New York State Bar Association, Albany County Bar Association and Capital District Women’s Bar Association.
Areas of Practice
- Professional Liability/Medical Malpractice
- General/Commercial Liability
- Professional Discipline and Licensing
- State and Federal Court Appeals
- New York, 1990
- Massachusetts, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1990
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1994
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2005
- Albany Law School Union University, Albany, New York
- J.D. cum laude - 1989
- Honors: Justinian Society
- Georgetown University, Washington, D.C.
- B.A. cum laude - 1986
- Honors: Psi Chi Honor Society
- Honors: Jesuit Honor Society
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers 2015 - Upstate New York Professional Liability Defense
- Super Lawyers 2014, 2015 - Upstate New York Top 25 Women
- Super Lawyers 2014 - Top 25 Hudson Valley
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated
- The Best Lawyers in America, Appellate Law & Medical Malpractice Law
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Albany County Bar Association, Member
- Capital District Women's Bar Association, Member
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society, Member