Abigail A. Dean
Abigail A. Dean is a 2013 graduate of Le Moyne College, where she received her Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, with minors in Communications and History. Abigail received her J.D. from Albany Law School in 2016. In 2017, Abigail published an article in the Albany Government Law Review Online relating to physicians and patients.
Prior to joining O'Connor First, Abigail was an Associate Attorney at a civil litigation firm in Albany. She has extensive experience with all phases of complex litigation, including drafting pleadings, attending depositions, and preparing for trial. Before she became a litigation associate, Abigail was also an Assistant Counsel for the majority counsel for the New York State Senate.
Abigail is admitted to practice in the State of New York and the United States District Court for the Northern District. She focuses her practice in the area of civil litigation, including medical malpractice, premises liability, motor vehicle negligence and general liability. In 2023, Abigail was awarded the Sheldon Hurwitz Young Lawyer Award presented by the New York State Bar Association Torts, Insurance and Compensation Law Section. This award is given in recognition of outstanding contribution to the practice of law in the field on insurance.
An active member of the profession, Abigail belongs to the New York State Bar Association, the Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association, as well as the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers. Abigail also serves as an executive committee member for the New York State Bar Association Torts, Insurance & Compensation Law Section.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice
- General Liability
- Motor Vehicle Negligence
- Premises Liability
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 2017
- New York, 2017
- Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, New York
- Juris Doctor - 2016
- Le Moyne College, Syracuse, New York
- A.B., Bachelor of Arts - 2013
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Communications and History
Honors and Awards
- Sheldon Hurwitz Young Lawyer Award, New York State Bar Association Torts, Insurance and Compensation Law Section
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Capital District Trial Lawyers Association , Member
- Albany County Bar Association, Member
- Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers
- the New York State Bar Association Torts, Insurance & Compensation Law Section, Executive Committee Member