Jeanne M. Gonsalves Lloyd
Jeanne M. Gonsalves Lloyd is 1985 graduate of the College of St. Rose, cum laude, where she was the recipient of the Outstanding Scholarship Award in Political Science. Jeanne received her JD from Brooklyn Law School in 1988. Prior to joining O’Connor First, Jeanne gained extensive experience practicing law on Long Island, New York City and the Capital Region of New York. Jeanne is admitted to practice in the State of New York as well as the United States District Courts for the Eastern District of New York, Southern District of New York, Northern District of New York, and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.
In addition to her 24 years in private practice where she has represented clients in general litigation, aviation defense, complex product liability defense, construction site accidents, motor vehicle accidents and premises liability cases, Jeanne also served as Claims Legal Counsel to Nationwide Insurance for 4 years, prior to becoming staff counsel for Nationwide for an additional 7 years. In her role as Claims Legal Counsel Jeanne evaluated coverage and prepared coverage opinions for the claims department on all personal and commercial lines policies. She also assisted and counseled claims personnel in liability and damages evaluations and monitored defense counsel in all litigated cases.
In 2000, Jeanne was asked to open Nationwide’s first staff counsel office in the Capital Region of the State of New York. As staff counsel Jeanne represented Nationwide insureds in a wide variety of personal injury actions pending in the counties located within the Third Judicial Department, including: motor vehicle, SUM, premises liability, construction site accidents, and dog bite cases.
In 2007 Jeanne returned to private practice where she has continued to represent clients in personal injury, premises liability and medical malpractice cases, as well as in general litigation, insurance agent errors and omissions cases, and insurance coverage cases. At O’Connor First, Jeanne focuses her practice in the areas of general litigation, insurance coverage disputes, and defense of complex personal injury, medical malpractice, motor vehicle accidents, premise liability and construction site accidents. Jeanne is a member of the New York State Bar Association and the Albany County Bar Association. She has been a speaker/presenter at CLE programs presented by the New York State Bar Association in the areas of civil practice, handling automobile accident cases, litigating construction site accidents, and insurance coverage.
Areas of Practice
- General litigation
- Aviation Defense
- Complex Product Liability Defense
- Construction Site Accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Premises liability
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Medical malpractice
- New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- J.D. - 1988
- College of St. Rose
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Outstanding Scholarship Award in Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Nationwide Insurance, Claims Legal Counsel
- Nationwide, Staff Counsel
Classes and Seminars
- Speaker/presenter at CLE programs presented by the New York State Bar Association in the areas of civil practice, handling automobile accident cases, litigating construction site accidents, and insurance coverage.